Tuesday 9 November 2010

Developer’s Blog – Post No. 13

The following week we began thinking of characters, drew has given us a couple of presentations since, talking about what makes a character, from colour to art style and has also set us on our actual brief. It feels good to be working towards a goal again, though as fun as these last few weeks have been i have been itching to get our coursework started as i have had some ideas bouncing around in this old head of mine for some time. I knew almost immediately that i wanted to do a female character, though i probably cant tell you why i think its just my preference for this given unit. I drew a quick first sketch of an idea which is below;

Quick Char Sketch 

The sketch itself is not very good and i also decided that the normal fantasy sort of theme was not for me, so i drew up several different ideas for other themes in which my character could follow(below).

Military Research Romance Space

These are military, research, romance and space. For my character i decided on a mix of military and space theme and have decided that this is the one i would enjoy most. I also think it is a good way to come up with a story that is not entirely cliché compared to all the fantasy games like RPG’s which its almost always, there's the bad guy, kill the bad guy. I think there is a whole diversity to space and ideas for creatures and so forth that can be drawn from a futuristic space setting.

So after deciding upon my theme i began some sketches of ideas. The first thing i started to design is the helmet, there are 23 designs which i have drew and would like your opinion on. These are the sketches;

Helmet_1 Helmet_2 Helmet_3

I have circled a number of my favourites. these are 1, 5, 9, 10, 15, 19 and 21. These images are the ones i wish to embellish on further, perhaps mix some of the designs together and see what happens but first i would really like to know other people’s opinions. Tell me what your favourites are and why please? or if you like only bits of different ones and think they would go well with another design let me know, any help or criticisms would be greatly appreciated as always, just leave them in my comments.

Also i did a quick first sketch of some of the upper torso, these aren’t concrete and not finished as there is only one design here but here it isShoulders

I think that's it for this post guys, any feedback is great and ill see you again in a mo with my next post, 3D.

As always thanks for reading and Kind Regards,

Daniel Young

No comments:

Post a Comment