Thursday 18 November 2010

Developer’s Blog – Post No. 21

Well firstly thank you to André for pointing people towards my blog in order to vote on their favourite designs, whether anyone listens who knows but its still very kind of him.

Now onto the main reason.. i modelled the body =D

i finally got it done after leaving my one at college and forgetting to save my other =[

So here it is

Screen_1

This was what the model looked like when i made it in Maya, although as you can see the model has been imported into Mudbox ready for me to sculpt it. oh i had to add the hands and the feet in Maya before exporting it again, i only thought after id already exported it once so i ended up having to re-sculpt it from the start, obviously with the extra details on the hands etc. being put in

Sculpting was really fun and i am really happy with how my final piece turned out. I had a few problems getting the breasts and shoulders right, especially the back of the shoulders. Well here's my final sculpted version, let me know what you all think. Its my first proper go of Mudbox too so go easy on me =P

Constructive criticism very welcome! unless your just going to point out its missing the head =P

well here's the model then

Screen_Front_2

Screen_Back_2

The models here have been exported back into Maya, for the simple reason of you can see them much clearer here.

Well thanks for reading all and Kind Regards,

Daniel Young

2 comments:

  1. Great start. I've seen sculpts from people just starting out and they were never this defined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you André! i think you can all notice i decided on a female body instead of the male body xD
    I will be looking forward to seeing your sculpting =] it is very much more the artistic side i believe =D
    its good fun too =]

    ReplyDelete