Monday 15 November 2010

Developer’s Blog – Post No. 15

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!! YAY! =P
Okay so after the last post where i outlined my first experiences with Maya and modelling a hand this time it was a foot!
After loading the reference images given to me by my tutor, Simon, i began to start modelling the foot. only a couple of us in the class were actually ready to move on as a lot of them were still back modelling the hand. I was quite happy being ahead of the class as i was one of the ones with the littlest experience on Maya and one of the most resilient to make the switch from Max.
So onto the model itself. First thing obviously was getting the shape right, which was quite hard without over tessellating my model and sticking plenty of extra poly’s in. but i found a way to make it work i think. Then after that i modelled each toe, using the same technique as before just copying the one toe and then copying it again and again and just moving verts to make it the shape of the new toe and attaching it to the foot. After i made all toes Simon pointed out that my toes of my model had too many cuts in the, and that when it comes to putting it into a 3D sculpting programme and tessellating it so it can be sculpted the model would get completely screwed up and maybe even cause the computer to crash. so i removed some of the poly;s of the toe and i ended up with the below model. there is a softened and a smoothed version of each angle, though i know i shouldn't smooth to model i promise i didn’t. I only used to see what my model did look like smoothed
Angle One
Foot_1Foot_2
Angle Two
Foot_3Foot_4
Angle Three
Foot_5Foot_6
Im really hoping that the next thing we model is the head, it would be really cool to be able to model the head., and start to see my model come together as a whole. 
Now im off to bed to sleep. Hope you enjoyed the new update as much as i enjoyed the modelling
Thanks For Reading And Kind Regards,
Daniel young

No comments:

Post a Comment